Thursday, February 18, 2010

B is for Book of Background Techniques

I've signed up for the "B is for..." swap on ccswaps. As I was doing the various "B" named background techniques, I enjoyed the Little book of Techniques that Trish B sent me at Christmas. I'm hoping, since I enjoy it so much, maybe my swap partner will also enjoy receiving a little Book of Background Techniques, focusing on the "B" ones, of course.
Decided a Butterfly would be a good embellishment to add to my Bargello cover for the front of the book. Butterfly made by cutting small pieces of light blue Angelina fibers, placing them between 2 sheets of Mother of Pearl Fantasy Film, laying it on Purple StazOn inked butterfly stamp and heating with a hot iron over a sheet of parchment paper.
Finished front with Bargello cover. Used jump rings to bind the book together, in case the recipient wants to add more background pages later.
Used Black Pearl Background Papers for inside covers and embellished front with a quote on vellum and a larger butterfly made with Fantasy Film scraps and Angelina Fibers between two sheets of Fantasy film like the process on top, just a different stamp.
Inside back cover, added a strip of the bubble wrap background, a mini row house and another Fantasy Film Butterfly.

Back cover, image stamped with black Archival Ink and heat set on Brayered Pearl Background.
Swap partners won't be posted until the end of the month, so I can add more background pages if I think of them.....

1 comment:

chrissy said...

It is going to be really hard to not set you up as sending this to me for the B swap!!!
Chrissy