Thursday, February 18, 2010

B is for Bargello

I made a bargello card last year when we were doing a study of Nancy Curry's book "Textured Effects of Rubber Stamping". I wanted to make one today for a book cover. Started with one of the Brayered Pearl Backgrounds I made earlier this week. Stamped butterflies with black Archival Ink and heat set.
Ran the card stock through a Zyron to make the back sticky. Cut the card stock into strips of varying sizes and started to play with design options
Adhered the strips to black glossy card stock. Stamped a large image with silver Color Box ink and embossed with detail clear embossing powder and heat set.

That's the basic Bargello, now to think about embellishment options.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I should try this technique again. When I did this last year I didn't like my result.