Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Doodled Mono Print ATC

The theme this month on 9ATC Group is Doodled Mono Print. 
I cut up my mono prints (that were made earlier) into ATC sized pieces.
 Used white Gelly Roll pen and a blue metallic Gelli Pen to do my doodling.
 Finished ATC:

Mono printing with the Gelli Plate

Needed to make some mono printing for an up coming swap. Started by using a brayer to spread a thin layer of purple acrylic paint over the Gelli plate.

Then used sequence waste to remove some of the purple paint.




 Used sponge daubers to add light blue acrylic paint circles, then daubed gold Lumiere paint on to of the blue.















Then sponged some green acrylic paint over a stencil to add some more color.  Then waited while the paint dried.
Covered the paints and Gelli plate with a medium blue acrylic paint using a brayer. Then quickly covered the painted Gelli plate with printer paper, rubber thoroughly and pulled off the paper.

Result:


Gifts Birthday Card using Scraps!

I was asked to do a demo at one of my stamp clubs this month, so went searching on Pintrest for inspiration. I saw a great masculine Birthday card using scraps of paper at this site.  I liked how the gifts good be used from scraps of decorative papers and ribbons. My version is on the picture to the right:

Needed to have a variety of samples for my demo, so  I played around. This one has decorative paper behind the gifts

Used a strip of birthday paper the whole length of the card:

 Then I embossed some shiny white paper in embossing folders to create a fancy looking gift in white.
 Decided to emboss white card stock for the layer behind the gifts and use glittery pink scraps for a girly BD card. Suggest stamping Happy Birthday on the paper before embossing.

 Had a piece of embossed gold paper, so embossed some plain gold paper scraps in embossing folders. Used a copper colored gossamer ribbon. Also embossed the white card stock behind the gifts.

 Also made a wedding card. Layering white and silver papers. Embossed the top white layer. Had some decorative silver card stock for 2 of the gifts, then embossed a scrap of silver paper for the middle gift. Used white dotted ribbon.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Quilts

Some quilts I have recently made for Comfort Quilters:



Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Making Fun Foam Stamps with Embossed Images

 I'm the demonstrator for one of my stamp clubs. I decided we would have a play day, have members bring their dies, embossing folders and die cutting images. I made a few samples.
Cut adhesive back fun foam with a heart die. Then embossed the heart with a matching embossing folder.



I embossed two fun foam hearts, one each way in the same embossing folder. Here are the inked images:

 Decided to try using other embossing folders on more heart shaped adhesive backed fun foam. I like how these turned out.
To make the "stamps" more stable, adhered the stamps to cut out plastic packaging. Adhered the matching stamp images to the top of the plastic and used clear packing tape over the paper for protection. Also made a couple of butterfly foam stamps.
We should have lots fun today, can't wait to see what we all come up with.

Let it Snow Card

Used a foam stamp ( fun foam was cut using a die) and stamped with light blue ink on the top of a card.
Used a dark blue ink to stamp "Let it snow" over the previously stamped snowflakes. Used same ink to stan a snowman image on another piece of white card stock.
Also stamped a snow background image with the light blue ink, cut it out and layered it on the card. Used frosted lace Distress Stickles on the snowflake in the word "snow" and above the snowman.



Finished front:

Inside of card, stamped bottom edge with the foam snowflake stamp and a poem with the dark blue ink.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lace Covered Altered Notebook

I was given a notebook, with the challenge to alter the cover.

I started by adhering an old piece of sheet music to the front cover. To help keep the paper from continuing to rip, I covered it with matte gel.





















While the gel was still wet, added 2 laces and and a lace ribbon over the paper.
To finish the front cover, added an angel image over script paper done as a tap transfer. Then wrapped a ribbon lace around the cover near the left edge. Added a large floral embellishment I received in a swap and added a "A" typeset brad to the center. Added a small angel embellishment on the lace ribbon to the left. Then made a leafy cluster to the bottom of the image out of metal leaves, lace leaves and gold paper leaves, with a "1" typeset brad to the center:
For the inside cover (to hide all the paper and lace edges), I used a piece of paper that was gold perfect pearls (or maybe Twinkling H2Os or other gold mica powder) washed over black paper. Used embossing folder on both the top and bottom of the paper to create relief design.
Also added a beeswax collage I made some time ago. Thought this was a good use for it.


 a fun project on a cold, wet day!