So glad I've had a couple of days to play in the craft room. I was excited to try out the techniques Tim Holtz demonstrates in his June Tag
. I've adapted them to be used on an atc.
The background is made with the marbled stains technique. Shake the picket fence Distress Stain and press onto a craft sheet. I used broken china, vintage photo, and antique linen Distress Stains around the picket fence Distress Stain.
Pull a Manila card stock through the stains, dry with a heat tool.
Mist water over card stock and heat set with heat tool.
Colored small piece of rose trim by misting with water then applying broken china Distress Stain. Let dry.
Stamped images randomly along edges with black archival ink.
I saw the post of this month's tag just before two of my grandchildren arrived for a visit, so I took a picture on them on our beach. Printed the photo in B&W on photo paper in an ink jet printer. Used various colors of Distress Ink with Cut n Dry pen nibs as Tim demonstrates in a video in this month's blog post
Used a piece of Cut n Dry foam to apply antique lined Distress Ink over the photo and vintage photo Distress Ink over the edges (as demonstrated in the video).
Stamp words along one side of the photo with black soot Distress Ink.
Choose a piece of Tim's background paper, tore bottom of paper and used distress tool along the other edges. Colored edges with tea dye Distress Ink.
Adhered photo to the background paper and then adhered to the marbled stains background. Attached a small piece of film strip ribbon with a mini star brad. Loved that the first bit of the ribbon has the metal eyelet attached!!! Place a piece of tissue tape to the other upper corner. Added snow cap acrylic paint to the metal word strip (rubbing paint off the raised area, leaving the paint in the letters), attached with brads.
Colored ribbon with vintage photo Distress Stain and attached through the eyelet in the film strip ribbon. Attached the rose trimming with a large bauble brad and metal leaf attachments. Decided the mini star brad was too small and added "S" with clear pebble.
Now I've learned lots of techniques, have a beautiful keepsake of my grandchildren's visit with me!