Thursday, June 28, 2012

Unusual shaped card

My other stamp club meets tonight and the theme is unusual shaped cards. I don't have any dies of an appropriate size to make a card, and I'm not very good at cutting with scissors. I need 12 cards, so I used my paper cutter to cut out a hexagon shape out of this shimmery green card. Ran the front piece through an embossing folder. Colored the raised areas and edges with shabby shutters Distress Ink.

Colored a white silk blossom with shabby shutters Distress Ink. Layered half of them on a white paper flower and added a "pearl" to the center. Layered the other half on a yellow paper flower, added a "pearl" colored with yellow alcohol ink.
 Added the flower to the center of the card and smaller yellow "pearls" to the centers of the raised design areas on the card with the yellow flower and
 smaller white pearls to the cards with the white flowers.
It will be fun to see the other unusual shaped cards tonight.

No comments: