Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The theme this month on 9ATC Group is Doodled Mono Print.
I cut up my mono prints (that were made earlier) into ATC sized pieces.
Needed to make some mono printing for an up coming swap. Started by using a brayer to spread a thin layer of purple acrylic paint over the Gelli plate.
Then used sequence waste to remove some of the purple paint.
Used sponge daubers to add light blue acrylic paint circles, then daubed gold Lumiere paint on to of the blue.
Covered the paints and Gelli plate with a medium blue acrylic paint using a brayer. Then quickly covered the painted Gelli plate with printer paper, rubber thoroughly and pulled off the paper.
I was asked to do a demo at one of my stamp clubs this month, so went searching on Pintrest for inspiration. I saw a great masculine Birthday card using scraps of paper at this site. I liked how the gifts good be used from scraps of decorative papers and ribbons. My version is on the picture to the right:
Needed to have a variety of samples for my demo, so I played around. This one has decorative paper behind the gifts
Used a strip of birthday paper the whole length of the card:
Had a piece of embossed gold paper, so embossed some plain gold paper scraps in embossing folders. Used a copper colored gossamer ribbon. Also embossed the white card stock behind the gifts.
Also made a wedding card. Layering white and silver papers. Embossed the top white layer. Had some decorative silver card stock for 2 of the gifts, then embossed a scrap of silver paper for the middle gift. Used white dotted ribbon.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Cut adhesive back fun foam with a heart die. Then embossed the heart with a matching embossing folder.
I embossed two fun foam hearts, one each way in the same embossing folder. Here are the inked images:
To make the "stamps" more stable, adhered the stamps to cut out plastic packaging. Adhered the matching stamp images to the top of the plastic and used clear packing tape over the paper for protection. Also made a couple of butterfly foam stamps.
Used a foam stamp ( fun foam was cut using a die) and stamped with light blue ink on the top of a card.
Used a dark blue ink to stamp "Let it snow" over the previously stamped snowflakes. Used same ink to stan a snowman image on another piece of white card stock.
Also stamped a snow background image with the light blue ink, cut it out and layered it on the card. Used frosted lace Distress Stickles on the snowflake in the word "snow" and above the snowman.
Inside of card, stamped bottom edge with the foam snowflake stamp and a poem with the dark blue ink.
Sunday, January 4, 2015
While the gel was still wet, added 2 laces and and a lace ribbon over the paper.
To finish the front cover, added an angel image over script paper done as a tap transfer. Then wrapped a ribbon lace around the cover near the left edge. Added a large floral embellishment I received in a swap and added a "A" typeset brad to the center. Added a small angel embellishment on the lace ribbon to the left. Then made a leafy cluster to the bottom of the image out of metal leaves, lace leaves and gold paper leaves, with a "1" typeset brad to the center:
For the inside cover (to hide all the paper and lace edges), I used a piece of paper that was gold perfect pearls (or maybe Twinkling H2Os or other gold mica powder) washed over black paper. Used embossing folder on both the top and bottom of the paper to create relief design.
Also added a beeswax collage I made some time ago. Thought this was a good use for it.
a fun project on a cold, wet day!
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Brown is the color in December for the Color Perceptions ATC Swap on the ArtVentures Group. The ATC is to be predominately brown and be how the color brown makes us feel. Brown is a warm color and makes me think of my home with wood floors and furniture, wood burning in the fireplace, chocolate and hot cocoa. Brown makes me Comfortable.
I started the ATC by using precut Birch Wood ATCs. Added some tea dye Distress ink over the surface and then gathered twigs Distress ink over a tape measure stencil.
Used frayed burlap Distress Ink to color some old music sheets, which I cut out to make the roof and windows for a house. Also cut out textured brown papers to be the base of the house and the door, and brick paper to be the chimney.
Stamped some small hearts on the ATC with aged mahogany Distress ink, and outlined these hearts with a black pigment pen.
My finished ATC: