Thursday, January 1, 2015

Brown Color Perception ATC

 Brown is the color in December for the Color Perceptions ATC Swap on the ArtVentures Group. The ATC is to be predominately brown and be how the color brown makes us feel. Brown is a warm color and makes me think of my home with wood floors and furniture, wood burning in the fireplace, chocolate and hot cocoa. Brown makes me Comfortable.
I started the ATC by using precut Birch Wood ATCs. Added some tea dye Distress ink over the surface and then gathered twigs Distress ink over a tape measure stencil.

Used frayed burlap Distress Ink to color some old music sheets, which I cut out to make the roof and windows for a house. Also cut out textured brown papers to be the base of the house and the door, and brick paper to be the chimney.
Stamped some small hearts on the ATC with aged mahogany Distress ink, and outlined these hearts with a black pigment pen.
 Cut out some decorative paper that I colored dark brown to make a mug, cut heart shape out of a textured reddish brown paper and added frayed burlap Distress stickles to make the steam.
My finished ATC:




1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

Dear Carol,
The New Year is over a week old, but I still wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Gaby