Saturday, August 9, 2008

Autumn's Deco

Autumn is in the Art-Venturers Group and participating in the 'Art' themed deco swap. I used the water color paper I colored yesterday. Autumn likes 'grunge' so I made this background grungy. Ran it through a leafy Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked purple, then through the diamond embossing folder and inked it red. Heat set after adding each color.
Here's the finished front. I added one of my row houses as the main focus and used the Cuttlebug and silver card stock to cut out the corner embellishments and the 'r' & 't'. The 'A' is a silver edged clear sticker by Magenta and layered over a piece of Distress Scraps Backgrounds I did last spring.
For the back, I ran a scrap of melted metallic crayon background through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and layered on metallic copper paper. The strips and heart were cut out of the textured papers I colored from Adrienne. The quote came from a decorated box filled with quotes I received from Sweetpea. (I'm the "IT" girl this month and my theme is quotes)

1 comment:

Creatively Lisa said...

I just want you to know I am loving your use of the cuttlebug embossing plates. I have a cuttlebug and you are really inspiring me. Thanks for all the tutorials and descriptions. Please keep them coming!