Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bandanna Technique Part 1


This is the eighth challenge in the Art Buzz Series. I am not doing these in order, just as the mood strikes ; )
There are a variety of methods for doing the background. I thought I'd give Tim Holtz's Wrinkle Free Distress Technique a try, which Robin describes on her blog. I dabbed on three distress inks, and lightly ran an antique lace re-inker on a craft sheet and then sprayed on some water.
I placed a sheet of water color paper on the craft sheet and pressed it down. I picked it up and rotated it and pressed it down again.
Afraid if I kept turning and pressing the colors would get all muddy. So I sprayed more water directly on the surface. Loved how this bled the colors together without getting muddy.
Heat set it with a craft iron. Now rereading the instructions (I'm so bad at reading and following), I was supposed to heat set between added the separate layers of color from the craft sheet. Maybe another day.
Loving shimmer and glimmer, I decided to spice this sheet up by spraying a home made color mist with yellow re-inker and perfect pearls.
I cut a 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" sheet to make an ATC for a "Women" themed art lottery over on NGS.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Wow!!!!! That's a stunner!