Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bandanna Technique Part 2

Wanted to keep playing with this technique. In the Techniques Junkie magazine this month, they show the Bandanna Technique with sponging Distress inks directly on the paper. Decided to try this on three different papers. For a comparison with my first try, I used the same colors, sponging on the Distress inks with Jumbo daubers. This is on cheap paper:
Coated card stock:
Water color paper:
Next, I sprayed water over the surface and dried with my heat tool. Cheap paper:
Coated card stock (was surprised how washed out this became):
Water color paper:
I spritzed over each card with the home made color mist of yellow re-inker and perfect pearls. Cheap paper:
Coated card stock:
Water color paper:
I stamped on the water color paper with black Archival ink.
And added the white doodling. To finish the card at the top of this post, I inked the edges with black Archival ink and mounted it on to red card stock.

No comments: