Row Houses 1 - 4
All of the images above were sent to me by Maggi G, and the last one was a "little beauty" she created. The back ground paper in #1 and #2 were created by stamping bamboo with pearl olive Brilliance ink on Asian newsprint and coloring the "roof" area with cosmic copper Brilliance ink. In #2, I colored the coin with copper alcohol ink. #3 the same newsprint was colored with Twinkling H2Os, run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and raised areas highlighted with pearlescent ivy Brilliance ink. I stamped oriental print over the "stamp" images with pearl olive Brilliance ink. #4. Stamped oriental print over decorative Japanese paper with galaxy gold Brilliance ink.
I received all of the above slide mounts in the "Instant Art" swap last year from Kacy Clarke and Maggi G. The background paper in #5 is the Faux Silk technique. #6 is oriental text stamped with pearl olive Brilliance ink on Japanese paper. I used the same stamp with black Archival ink on the slide mount. #7 was made with Textured Gesso Paper and embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I added the words to the slide mount by stamping with black Archival ink and glued on the red hearts. #8 was green paper stamped with a floral background. The butterfly was punched out of some paste paper I made several years ago.
Row Houses 9 -12
Each of the houses above hold "Little Beauties" sent to me in the "instant art swap" by either Kacy Clarke or Maggi G. The background for #9 was gold card stock run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the raised areas colored with black archival ink. I stamped the words on the red frame of the little beauty and attached the heart charm I'd altered the color using alcohol ink. The paper in #10 above (and #17 below) came as the outside of a note sent to me by Maggie Hodgkiss, I couldn't resist using this gorgeous paper by cutting it into house shapes. In #10 I added the heart brad and a bit of lace. For #11, I ran a copper colored piece of card stock through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and colored the raised areas with galaxy gold Brilliance ink. The "hinges" are gold paper clips. #12 uses a painted paper towel I did in May. After adhering it to card stock, I ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Double stamped the word "pals" in copper and black and added the decorative scroll.
Row Houses 13 -16
I used the shimmering mist paper I made last year for #21. Ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and highlighted the edges with galaxy gold Brilliance ink. I used black Archival ink to stamp the words on top of the acetate. For #22, I ran a piece of Embossing Scraps paper I made last month through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran lightning black Brilliance ink over the raised areas and the edges. Again, Black Archival ink was used to stamp the words on the acetate (hard to see in the photo). Used the leftover scraps from one of the papers made for the printed page ATC swap in April for the #23. Black Archival ink was used to stamp the words and to edge the house. #24 uses paper I made by laying a glossy sheet over some paper that had too much ink on it for some mica play I was doing last year. I stamped the music score in gold ink on top of the paper. The lower section was run through a mini Cuttlebug embossing folder and the raised areas and edges inked with galaxy gold Brilliance ink.
Row Houses 25 -28
Row Houses 29 -32
#29 was done similar to the foil flashing fun I did earlier this year, only did a double emboss with the Cuttlebug. The first layer was colored with pearl alcohol ink and the second layer was colored with pitch black alcohol ink (also used to edge the house). Black Archival ink was used to stamp the words and edge the image. #30 is another old scrap, I used clear embossing powder over black ink on this "crowd' stamp on pink card stock. This image was sent to me by Maggi G with others in the "instant art" swap. The partial word and edges were done with black Archival ink. Both #31 & #32 use the same background. A photo image of typeset was cut into house shapes, and then run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. #31's raised areas were colored with lightning black Brilliance ink (along with the edges). Where pearlescent rust Brilliance ink was used in #32. Black Archival ink was used for the words on the acetate in both of these.
I made some extra houses in case some of these don't meet the swap requirements of our hostess, Trish Bee (see her link on side column). Here's the deal for the Blog Give Away: Make a post and say which house is your favorite one. On June 30th, I will randomly pick a winner who will be sent their favorite row house of all those above. Check back before July 4th to see if you're the winner and contact me with your email so I can get your address to send on to you. Who knows, I might feel especially generous and send extra bits as well!!!
Trying to find out if people are reading all this stuff I write LOL!!!
Sorry for the extremely long post, if you have any questions, just put it in a post and I'll post a response after it in the postings (I may or may not remember just what I did, this took me most of a week to do).