Saturday, June 28, 2008

Angel Skinny Book pages

I used the acrylic layers background papers I made on Thursday to complete one side of the Angel themed skinny pages I am doing for a swap. I found some paper lace in my stash and cut them to become the wings to the girl image. I used gold metallic acrylic paint to color the thin sides and edges of both the front and back pages. Glued on some paper flowers with beads and a saying to finish this page.





For the other side I made copies of an old music sheet and cut them slightly larger than the 3-1/2" x 8" size I would need for the pages, because the paper shrinks a bit when run through the Cuttlebug embossing Folders. I ran the cut sheet through the Cuttlebug diamond embossing folder and ran a light Distress ink pad over it. Then I ran the same sheet through the swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran the gold Brilliance ink over it. Then I trimmed these down and adhered them to the back of the other skinny page.



To complete this page I cut out the angel image. Colored with wings with gold acrylic paint, using my finger, and then diluted the gold acrylic paint with glazing gel to use over dresses. Trying for an ethereal look. I used galaxy gold Brilliance ink on a music score stamp and lightly stamped over most of the image. I used this same gold ink, to ink up the edges of the image. Added a couple of gold stars and a saying and I was done.




I am excited to send these off and to get the other pages sent to me.

2 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

OMG, your pages are awesome!!! I'm so glad I signed up to get a page from everybody, i would have been very sad to miss this one. Hugz......

chrissy said...

Looks wonderful Carol...truly angelic!
Chrissy