Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Adrienne's deco

I received Adrienne's deco to work on today. She is one of the Art-Venturers. Her deco came with pages cut out of watercolor paper. I sprayed one side with Guatemalan Green (yes, it looks blue to me also) and gold sprays. I used lots of spray as this paper absorbed lots on ink, then used a heat tool to spread around the rest.
I stamped a flourish design over the page in both blue Distress and gold Brilliance inks. And edged the paper in gold.
I used scraps from my colored dictionary pages to make the wings and added glitter.
I cut out the wings when they were dry. Glued on the images and stamped a saying on the page to complete it:
On the back I used the Guatemalan Green and Silver sprays.
I stamped a large musical score in broken china Distress ink and very lightly stamped the same flourish stamp in Brilliance starlite silver ink, which I also used to ink the edges. I ran the image through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and dabbed some of the same Brilliance ink over the top and along the edges. I like how the gypsy girl seems to be peeking out of the music.


2 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

Scrummy. I can't wait for this to come home. I never thought of embossing images. Thanks for your art!!

Annie said...

I love this Carol.
Annie