Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pauline's Deco

I received one of my fellow Art-Venturers' deco books to create in. I wanted to give the pages an old world masterpiece type feeling. I ran a light Distress ink over the paper and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the diamond embossing folder. Then dabbed the yellow Brilliance ink over most of the surface, then highlighted the raised areas and areas in the background with the gold Brilliance ink. Last I edged the page with dark Distress ink using the Jumbo Dauber.

To complete the front page, I added an image, edged in Gold Brilliance ink, added some metal embellishments and stamped a quote with the dark Distress ink.

On the back of the page (before it went through the Cuttlebug above) I ran the blue Distress ink over the entire side. After it was embossed, I highlighted the raised areas with the light Distress ink and then dabbed the silver Brilliance ink over the top and along the edges.

To complete the back page, I added an image edged is silver Brilliance ink, added the "a" sticker and wrote in "r t" on the image, added the heart embellishment, Stamped a saying in the same blue Distress ink, and edged that paper with silver Brilliance ink .

1 comment:

Adrienne Wood said...

I'm sure this is a page for my book, not Pauline's!!!!! It's gorgeous.