While I was away from home, I had the inspiration to make a "metal quilt" project. I have signed up for a couple of deco book swaps and thought this would make a good page. I took foil flashing tape (you find it at the hardware store) and ran pieces of it in my cuttlebug embossing folders. I used alcohol inks to color the foil.
I cut the foil into various size pieces, removed the paper backing and attached them to a piece of card stock. I used an old sewing marking tool to make stitch lines.
I used a permanent marker to highlight the words and the "stitch" markings, and glued a metal floral charm to the center. I liked how this turned out.
For the back I used the luminous paste paper I made for a background swap in Feb, an image I received in a swap and some pink rub-ons. To continue the foil flashing theme, I ran some more pieces througn the cuttlebug embossing folder, colored with alcohol inks and then punched out the leaf shapes with a cuttlebug die.