Monday, January 16, 2012

ATC Inspired by Tim's 2009 Day 4 Tag

For this ATC, I was inspired by the fabulous pin Tim Holtz created on his 2009 Day 4 Tag (12 Tags of Christmas). I don't have the memory capsule Tim used, but thought I could create a pin, that mimicked the shaker pin look. 
Cut some glitter paper I made previously, and adhered it to a 1" square glass piece. Added a fairy image, word from a dictionary page and some cut shiny snowflake pieces. Then I layered a 1" square glass piece on top and placed into a 1"x1" memory frame.
 Took a decorative metal corner, spread on silver acrylic paint with my finger  over parts and then rubbed the paint of the raised area. Added Frosted Lace Stickles to the top edges. Added a trinket pin to the top of the memory framed and a metal star and ribbon to the bottom of the memory frame. Like the look of my pin.
 Made a different background for my ATC. Started with a Twisted Alcohol background and stamped floral design to outside edges with pink Distress Ink.
 Adhered the pin and it's done:

1 comment:

chrissy said...

How clever to use the decorative corner with the memory frame!!
Chrissy