Monday, January 23, 2012

ATC Inspired by Tim's 2009 Day 11 Tag

This ATC has a canvas button floral center which was inspired by Tim Holtz's 2009 Day 11 Tag (12 Tags of Christmas). 
Tim printed vintage images on sticky back canvas for his tag. I have an ink jet printer, and haven't been happy with the printing on canvas sheets. I had a previously printed canvas sheet, that I wasn't satisfied with how it turned out. So I stamped a woman's face with StazOn ink on part it. Cut it out and clipped the edges. Then used a cover button kit I had left over from a sewing project.
 Here's my printed canvas button:
 Used Prima flowers and colored the raised areas with Distress Inks. Spread rock candy Distress Stickles over the surface and let dry.
 I had a previously done wrinkle free distress on watercolor paper, I'm using for my background.
 Stamped some flourishes with blue Distress Ink and other flourishes with silver acrylic paint and let dry, (clean acrylic paint off stamps right away).
 Placed flowers on card added canvas button to large flower. Added vintage images to smaller flowers and covered with Glossy Accents and let dry. Added the word "Inspire".
 Close up of large button and flower petals:

No comments: