Sunday, January 22, 2012

ATC Inspired by Tim's 2009 Day 10 Tag

This ATC mimics the technique that Tim Holtz demonstrates for his 2009 Day 10 Tag (12 Tags of Christmas), but it was more work than I wanted to do. If you want to make your own word mosaic, make sure you check out his post on how to do the tag with grunge board (or chip board) letters.
I choose a piece of cardboard and covered it with foil flashing tape.
 Placed this in a Tim Holtz mosaic embossing folder and ran through the Vagabond machine (I believe this sandwich is too thick for the Cuttlebug). Tim used alcohol ink pens to color his tag. I don't have alcohol ink pens, that's why I choose this embossing folder. It has sections separated by raised areas. This allowed me to pour alcohol ink directly into the different sections.
 When the ink dried, use sand paper to remove ink from the raised areas, showing the foil underneath.
 I like the look of this background.
 Added a vintage image and the word Imagination on a clear sticker.

No comments: