Monday, January 9, 2012

ATC Inspired by Tim's 2008 Day 9 Tag

This ATC uses most of the techniques Tim Holtz used in his 2008 Day 9 Tag (12 Tags of Christmas). I wasn't going to do any overt Christmas ATCs this month, but I loved the look of this tag so much, I changed my mind.
Stamp Santa image with black Archival ink.
Stroke on white acrylic paint at the top and bottom of the card, let dry.
 Use blending tool to add antique linen and brushed corduroy Distress inks.
 Stamp on text and branches with Distress inks.
 Color bottom of card with fired brick Distress ink. Use lightly damp cloth to remove ink from surface of acrylic paint.
 Use distress tool to roughen edge, color with walnut stain Distress ink. Tim used fired brick Distress embossing powders to add the words on the edge. Not having that, stamped words with fired brick Distress ink, covered with clear embossing powder and heat set.
 Added a vintage sticker to upper corner after coloring  edges with walnut stain Distress ink. Covered sticker with Glossy Accents and let dry.

1 comment:

Thomas G said...

I’ve learned a lot from your blog here! Keep on going, I will keep an eye on it.