Monday, June 16, 2008

Lace Swap Booklet

I signed up for a Lace swap on ccswaps. We could make anything to send out as long as it had lace on it. I've had one particular piece of lace that I've been wanting to use for a couple of years, here's my opportunity to use it. I decided to make a small booklet 4" x 4".
I cut out some pages from an old atlas for the covers. and gave them an aged look by rubbing Distress ink over them.
To give them texture, I ran the papers through a detailed Cuttlebug folder and highlighted the raised areas with white Brilliance ink.

Here's a close up to get a better look at the texture.
For the front cover, I sewed the lace onto the paper with my sewing machine. Added beads, the great face bead was made by Linda Strawn out of polymer clay for one of our swaps. Then stamped a saying onto a scrap of faux silk paper.
I used more of my Lovely Layers paper for the inside covers and stamped on art related sayings. Front inside cover:
Back inside cover:
For the back cover, I added some images. The saying inside the life preserver was also stamped onto faux silk paper.

3 comments:

Rena Sawatski said...

Carol, Love your lace project. I see you used an Alberta map for it, what a great idea!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Carol! Love the image you used!

Rosie said...

Carol, what a beautiful piece of work! The trouble with reading your blog is that it always makes me want to go out and try your techniques too!
But keep sharing, it's wonderful!!