Thursday, June 19, 2008

More Deco fun

This deco is for one of the participants in the NGS group. I'm still using the Lovely Layers papers from the class I took last month. I thought the piece I cut out for the front of deco didn't need too much done to it (a nice bit of collage). So I added a quote on vellum, edged the top and bottom with lace floral ribbon and added an extra flower and a heart embellishment:
For the back, I used a different piece of Lovely Layers paper and edged it with gold Brilliance ink, added an image and some embellishments along with a quote:
Details: This fabulous image is from a sheet of photos taken by Adrienne and offered for our use on her blog. Wanting to give the image an old world influence, I generously ran the gold Brilliance pad along the edges of the image and used my finger to rub the ink in towards the center of the photo.
These Celtic style embellishments, came in a pewter finish, and I wanted gold to go with the metal letters I had. So I dropped gold alcohol ink on the top, heat set it, ran black Archival ink over the top and wiped most of it off. This gave me a fairly close matching finish.

3 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

I LOVE the blue side of this page (and not just because you have used one of my photos!) and also the way you explain things so we can all use the techniques and ideas in our won work.

Unknown said...

Love this, especially the quote stamp! You have lots of great stamps in your collection!

Rena Sawatski said...

These latest decos are stunning as usual. I can see why you picked quotes as your IT Girl theme, as you use so many wonderful quotes on your art.