When I was in Minneapolis, I finally found some sheets of plain Grungeboard by Tim Holtz to play with and a couple of new stamp sets I couldn't resist. So I "had" to use them on the second NSG deco I received this weekend. First, I protected all but one page of the deco by wrapping it well with plastic wrap. Then I stamped the some lovely corner flourishes right on the deco page using Brilliance inks to act as a resist and heat set it.I used a darker Brilliance ink to stamp the other corner flourish on the back of the page and heat set it also. Decided to restamp the stamp over the page without reinking, to give it some depth.
I sprayed some of my home made color mists with perfect pearls added on to a craft sheet (similar to the sprays made here) and also sprayed some water over the colors to get some bleeding of colors.
I pressed the front of the page over all this ink and squooshed it down and wriggled it a little to make sure all the page was covered. Then heat set (this also brings the now warped paper back to almost flat).
There wasn't much ink left on the craft sheet, so after I used the back of the paper to absorb what ink was left, I sprayed some of the color directly on to the paper.
Now for fun with grungeboard. I cut out a heart shape with a Cuttlebug die, sprayed it with my yellow & perfect pearls spray, the heat set. Just a hint of sparkle and the edges turned toasty when heat set. (Sorry the picture is dark, but it was getting late and the flash made an even worse picture)
Ran it through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder an ran a dark blue Brilliance ink over the raised areas, then heat set.
Reran through the Cuttlebug with a different embossing folder and inked the raised areas and edges with a different Brilliance ink, heat set. (I did the reverse image in the folder)
I wanted to give the background paper to be used with the grungeboard heart some depth. So I stamped a different flourish and the words I would use, with the same brilliance ink as on the top of the grungeboard heart, also to ink up the edges of the paper. Then to make the text pop off the page I used black Archival ink to stamp the words on to the page.
To complete the front page, added a black brad to the floral center on the heart and edged the heart with black Archival ink.
For the back, I edged the page with the same Brilliance ink as I used on the corner stamps and to the edge of the image. Added some rub on words and a metal word embellishment. Hope the recipient likes these pages.