Saturday, October 11, 2008

ATC Holder for Fiona

For Fiona's "IT" gift, I'm using the worksheet wonder I created earlier today. Fiona runs the monthly ATC swaps on ccswaps, so I think she'll find an ATC holder useful. Besides color, texture and using what is at hand, I love contrast. There is just a little red on the worksheet wonder I'm using for the outside covers, so I want I lot of red for the inside covers. I choose the red paper made with the Double Saran & Watercolor Spray Technique. I cut the paper to size, and ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I ran a Perfect Medium pen over the raised areas and colored them with blue Perfect Pearls.
I used a thick piece of cardboard and layered 2 strips of double stick carpet tape to created a soft thick cover, similar to what I did for this ATC holder. The difference was in this one I used a thicker piece of cardboard. It ended up too thick to go in the Bind-it-All. So I used the Crop-a-dile to make oval shaped holes to put the Bind-it-All 1" coils through.For the front cover, I added the same image I used on the back of my House of Blues for the "In this House Swap". I layered the image onto a red textured ribbon. I added a metal heart charm that I colored with Red Pepper alcohol ink.

Here's a close up, showing some of the texture.
Inside front cover:
Inside back cover:
I added an image and the same red textured ribbon to the back cover.
I hope Fiona not only enjoys this gift, but gets a feel for what inspires me.

1 comment:

Chris in Oz said...

WOW, Carol, this is gorgeous. Fiona's going to love it.

Hugz......

PS I wanna come and play at your house!!! LOL!!!