Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ATC Holder for Rena

I had lots of fun creating this ATC Holder. I used some of the fun papers I made over the past month or so.
I wanted the covers to be soft and thick. I laid down two layers of double stick carpet tape over cardboard.
I used one of my worksheet wonders papers for the main outside covers. I chose two other worksheet wonders for accent strips and added 3 decorative brads to the front cover that were colored with bronze alcohol ink.
For the first butterfly, I used the purple double saran & watercolor spray technique papers and one of the worksheet wonders.
I ran them through Cuttlebug embossing folders. The one of the left was highlighted with purple Distress ink and the one on the right with beige Brilliance ink. I then glued them back to back.
I made the second butterfly with the same purple paper, but choose a different paper for the inside. I covered a sprayed blue paper with gloss medium, layered on iridescent gift wrap and heat set.
I ran the iridescent butterfly in a Cuttlebug embossing folder and highlighted the raided areas with Distress ink and colored the edges with a purple sharpie. I added micro beads to highlight the bodies of both butterflies.
Annie sent me this gorgeous box filled with quotes when I was the "IT" girl on Art-Venturers. I picked three quotes that were printed on vellum and edged them with a copper leafing pen.
I used a large 1" coil for this ATC holder, so there is lots of room for expansion. Finished front:
Another view of the front showing some of the texture and sheen.
Front inside cover. I used the textured iridescent papers I made yesterday.
I like how the butterflies appear 3 dimensional and seem to be flying off the pages. Inside back cover:
Back cover:

10/20 addition: just heard Rena received this before her birthday and is enjoying it. Yea!!!

3 comments:

Manna said...

WOWZA! This is incredible!

Creatively Lisa said...

Everytime I read your blog I have a new supply list of things I want to go out and buy so I can try it too! I think this is beautiful and what a way to use a variety of techniques.

Rosie said...

Beautiful! Stunning! I LOVE the butterflies... you always explain things so perfectly that I feel I too could do this... after I've shopped till I drop for supplies of course! That may be why I am so resourceful... *wink, wink*