Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jessie's page

This Chunky page is going in a special book.
For the front I worked on another take on the Textured Cuttlebug technique. I ran a 5" x 5" piece of card stock through the xyron to make the entire back sticky. I cut out a piece of the xyron protective backing the size of an image I want to use and placed it over the center of the card stock. I used a variety of embossed papers done from assorted Cuttlebug embossing folders, and adhered them in a frame shape to my card stock.

I skipped the gesso stage and colored the paper with three Lumiere paints.

I painted some watered down black acrylic paint over the surface and quickly wiped most of it off with a paper towel.
I wanted the center opening to stand out, so I reran some gold Lumiere over that section.
I removed the protective cover in the center and inserted my image under the inner frame edges. I love how the girls are peering out of the frame.
To finish the front, I added some decorative brads and stamped some words directly on the background and some on paper. Here's the page under lamp light:

And under natural light (when the sun finally came out):
For the back I did another take on Tim Holtz's March Technique Challenge. This time I started with a manila folder cut to 5" x 5". I used letters to spell out LIVE ART, and stamped them onto the page with gesso and let it dry.
I made 4 sprays out of Adirondack inks & perfect pearls to spray over the paper. I wanted to lighten the color a bit, so I sprayed some water over that area and let it dry. I stamped some flourishes with black Archival ink and added a saying.
I added white markings similar to the bandanna technique to finish the page.I enjoyed making this chunky page for Jessie, she is a wonderful & encouraging artist and friend.

1 comment:

Manna said...

The frame is gorgeous! I love the colours and the textures! Amazing work of art!