Friday, May 23, 2008

Margaret's Deco page

Margaret is one of the Art-Venturers participating in a deco swap where the word Art must appear somewhere on the page. Margaret mentioned she liked what I've been doing with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, so I used one on the page for her deco. I used Brilliance ink to highlight the raised areas on the front of the page,

and on the back of the page. I placed the area of overlap of embossing on the page where I plan to add other elements.
For the contrast on the page, I sprayed Shimmering Mist over both sides and dried with a heat gun.
I thought it was fun to obviously change the word "attitude" to "artitude" for this piece. I used the same stickers as the words "play" & "create". I wove this multicolored ribbon through the page.
Here's the back. I ran a piece of gold paper through the same Cuttlebug embossing folder to create a contrasting stripe. I used a piece of the red Textured Gesso backgrounds I made in March to use behind the large A and to punch out the butterflies. I edged the butterflies with a gold leafing pen. I brought the ribbon ends from the front around to the back and threaded them through a large gold colored bead.

It doesn't show up in these photos, but the pages have a delicious shimmer to them.

No comments: