Thursday, May 1, 2008

Image Challenge & Deco

This morning on NGS we were given a challenge to use this image. Today's mail brought me a deco to add my creation to, and I have a new stamp I want to use: great opportunity.
I pulled out this gessoed sea sponge background I made for the background swap in Feb and cut it to size. Stamped my new cherry blossom stamp on it and colored the blossoms with a watercolor pencil and water brush.
To give the page an aged look & some more color I added Distress Ink to the edges.
I used a black marker to highlight the travel stickers, edged the image with the same Distress ink and layered it on black paper. Stamped some fun words, added a metal coin and adhered the pages to the deco book.
This is the last page in this person's book, I will be mailing it home soon!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely page Carol. I love the background - the stamped image coloured in really transforms it. Well done for doing the image challenge so quickly.
Fiona

Anonymous said...

Carol I love how this spread came together. BTW i really like the stamp you used it is a nice touch.