I was surprised to see my last post was the 100th one, since I started this blog last Sept. So in honor of my 101st post, I'm having a give away. The booklet pictured above can be used to hold inchies or other small embellishments. To win this booklet, all you need do is leave a comment with this post AND tell us what art project you are currently working on or have recently finished. A link would be great, but not required. I will randomly draw a winner next Thursday, May 22nd, so you must post by midnight PDT on Weds May 21st to be eligible. I will post the winner, and you will need to contact me before the end of May or I'll give the booklet to another.
For the cover, I ran buff colored paper through the multi patterned Cuttlebug folder, and highlighted the raised areas with shabby shutters Distress ink. Next, I ran the same paper through the diamond patterned Cuttlebug embossing folder, then ran those raised areas with broken china Distress ink.
To make some embellishments, I pulled out a sheet of card stock I use in the bottom of my spray box, and cut some pieces off.
I cut out a heart shape, embossed it with this heart shaped embossing folder and colored the edges and raised areas with Distress ink.
With another piece, I embossed it in the same embossing folder as the cover, cut out the letters with the Cuttlebug die and used Distress ink to color the raised areas. I attached these letters and the image transfer to the front.
I cut up page protectors, with pockets made to hold coins, to a smaller size. In this booklet there are 7 pages holding 4 pockets each. A total of 28 pockets about 1-1/2" square.
Inside front of booklet, showing how it can hold embellishments.
Inside back of booklet.
I also made a different shaped inchie booklet for myself. I had participated in an inchie swap last year and wondered how to showcase the inchies, while being able to see the backs with the artists name on them. I found these page protectors with small pockets at the coin shop. There were 35 inchies, so I cut the page protector into 7 strips with 5 pockets each. This meant the covers need to be 2" x 9", too long to fit in the Cuttlebug folder in one sheet. So I folder buff colored paper in half and placed it in an embossing folder.This gave me a reverse image on one sheet. I highlighted the raised areas with a light colored Distress ink. I like this mirrored image effect.
I dried the ink with a heat gun, refolded the paper and inserted into a different embossing folder.
I inked the new raised areas with a darker Distress ink.
I made the title squares different tones, to reflect the reverse image of the cover.
I made the inside of the covers out of plain paper and used the same colors of Distress ink and one of the embossing folders.Here is the booklet open, holding the inchies.