Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 4 Tim Inspired Christmas ATC

 This atc uses some of the techniques Tim Holtz uses in his Day 4 tag.
I don't have the snowman die, but even if I did it would overwhelm the atc. So I used the mini snowman stamp and stamped it with light blue StazOn ink onto grunge paper then cut it out (using the stamp as a template). Then painted a thick layer of white acrylic paint over the snowman, let dry. Then a thick coat of rock candy crackle paint and let it dry.
I only have one color of Distress Stain: picket fence. So I used a drop of two colors of Distress re-inkers on my fingers to color over the dried crackle paint, then a paper towel to remove the ink from the surface. I think this turned out pretty well.
 For the tag, ran some picket fence Distress Stain and two drops of blue Distress re-inkers onto a craft sheet, then smooshed down a piece of Manila folder.
 The color was a lot darker than what I wanted so.....
 I placed more of the picket fence Distress Stain on the craft sheet and smooshed the card back into the stain, now I'm happy with it.
 Then stamped flourish in the Distress Stain and the snowflakes in Distress ink (also used to color the edges of the card), then flicked some water over the surface with my fingers and heat set.
 Instead of die cutting numbers out of the grunge paper snowman, I die cut numbers out of paper with mini musical scale on them. Colored  the edges with the iced spruce Distress ink, glued them to the snowman and covered them with a layer of diamond glaze. Now the paper numbers are the only things brown, so I inked the snowman's arms and hat with vintage photo Distress ink along with the outer edges of the card. Cut out plastic packaging with snowflake edge die (see Tim's post for details of this) colored with white acrylic paint and some rock candy distress stickles (along with the hat). Added white ribbon around the snowman's neck. And to the ATC added two snowflake buttons and a snowflake sticker with a blue rhinestone in the center.

No comments: