Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas ATC Inspired by Tim's Day 10 Tag

 I'm having fun being inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. More great techniques in his Day 10 Tag. Tim used a kraft tag for his base, I wanted a more distressed look. I pressed the old paper Distress Ink onto a craft sheet, spritzed with water and place my card into the ink, then heat set. Repeated those steps with antique linen Distress Ink. Stamped a music score image with black Archival Ink and colored the edges with forest moss Distress ink.
 Stamped on holly images with forest moss Distress Ink, covered with clear embossing powder and heat set. I later added a third set of holly to my card.
 Tim sprayed his tag with perfect pearls mist. I used a home made mist with gold Perfect Pearls and yellow re-inker. Decided I wanted more gold on my card, so dropped some gold Perfect Pearls directly on the card and lightly misted with water, then heat set. Deliberately dropped some of the Perfect Pearls over the holly images.
 Tim made "vintage mercury glass" ornaments out of his facets and packing tape transfers (lots of detailed instructions and photos on his blog). I don't have the facets, so decided to give it a go using his fragments. Choose two vintage Santa images out of scrapbook paper and covered with clear packing tape. I burnished the back side with a bone folder.
 Then dip in warm water and gently remove the paper layers from the back, careful to leave on the last thin layer. Attached flashing tape to the back. Note the difference from the start above, to the finish below, cool.
 Adhered fragments over the Santa images with Diamond Glaze, attached to card with gold thread and mini black brads. Added red "pearls" to bottom ivy. Wrote BELIEVE with black permanent marker on paper, cut out and colored edges with forest moss Distress ink. Covered letters with Diamond Glaze.
Like the distress look of this ATC.