Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas ATC Inspired by Tim's 2007 Day 6 Tag

 Disclaimer: I tried to do the same technique with different designs from Tim Holtz's 2007 Day 6 Tag, but my efforts look very different. Make cure you check out his tag, as I love the look of it!
I have problems with the masks. They work great the first time, and then, I don't know, either I don't know how to clean or my work space is to dusty or something. I can not get the masks to stick as well after that first use. Anyway, following directions, placed a mask on my card and sprayed over it with a home made mist (I used one I'd already done up with light brown re-inker and gold Perfect Pearls. Let air dry, then remove mask.
Colored card with aged mahogany and fired brick Distress Inks using a blending tool.
 Flicked on water drops with my fingers (again, I'm a bit heavy handed). Leave water on for about 10 seconds, blot off with paper towel, then heat with heat tool.
 The heat causes the bleached look. Distress the edges with a distress tool and colored with black soot Distress Ink.
 Stamped an angel image with black soot Distress Ink.
 Sprayed home made mist over grunge paper flourishes and adhered to card. Stamped the word "joy" with black soot Distress Ink.
It's much different than Tim's, but I still like it.

No comments: