Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas ATC Inspired by Tim's 2007 Day 3 Tag

 So far Tim's 2007 Day 3 Tag has been the most challenging for me to try to capture the look I like while lacking some of the supplies. Tim used a great Santa collage stamp with a mixture of different colored (including red & green) Distress embossing powders. Tim recommends shaking the jars of distress embossing powder really well and open the colors you're going to use. I made masks of the Santa image and the holly I plan to use and placed on the card. Then stamped the music score with tea stain Distress ink, coated with walnut stain Distress Powder and heat set and allowed to cool.
Stamped holly with green Distress ink, coated with clear embossing powder and heat set. Then stamped the Santa image with red Distress ink, coated the hat area with clear embossing powder and the rest of the stamped area with black Distress Powder, heat set and let cool. After the powder had cooled, rubbed my hand over the powders to remove the release crystals. Not quite what Tim achieved, but I like it and it appears distressed.
 Used blending tool to color over tag with green and red Distress Inks and colored the edges with walnut stain Distress Ink.
 Cut an oval shape out of grunge paper, painted with gold acrylic paint, let dry. Embossed in embossing folder, painted thin layer of dark brown acrylic paint and brushed some off.
 Cut numbers out of black card stock, adhered to tag and coated with diamond glaze. Attached tag with black brads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute tag. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog and your postings on the Next Generation yahoo group. Yours is one of the first blogs I turn to whenever I get on the internet. I really appreciate your techniques and tutorials showing how you make your work. As the holidays approach, I just wanted to let you know you are appreciated!!

Julie Bowman