Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3 Tim Inspired Christmas ATC

 This atc uses one of the techniques Tim Holtz uses in his Day 3 tag. And that is making a custom multi colored ink pad out of cut n dry felt (this can also be used to make your blending pads). I found a Christmas saying stamp that I used frequently, so it was worth making a  custom ink pad for it. Stamped the image with black Archival Ink,on to white card stock and let dry. Then used Distress Ink re-inkers to color the pad. For this ATC, I only stamped the bottom half. The custom ink pad is now in a ziplock plastic bag for a later use.
I don't have an appropriate sized multi Christmas saying stamp for an ATC, so I dug out lots of word stamps in various fonts and sizes I thought were appropriate for Christmas and had fun stamping them over the card stock in various Distress ink colors. Then I colored the edge of the card with festive berries Distress Ink.
Tim's tag is so cool in how he stamps two tags at once, and then has a matching embossing folder to raise up some of the words on his tag. Not having a matching embossing folder for my custom designed atc, I re stamped the words WISH, celebration, DREAM with embossing ink and covered them with clear embossing powder and heat set. Doesn't show well in the photo, but it has more of a shine then the other words.
I didn't want to cover up any of the words , so I added a little bling where I could with these red and green rhinestones.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Just checked your blog and saw that you are keeping up - good for you! I have bits and pieces started - hope to post as I finish.

Anonymous said...

Love all the wonderful word stamps you have in beautiful fonts. They look good all stamped up like this.