Wednesday, January 12, 2011

F is for Faux Velvet

One more faux technique from Technique Junkies. This one looks better in person, than in pictures. I made some adjustments.
Place a baby wipe on plastic and spray with color washes of your choice and either use a spray with glimmer or spray on some perfect pearls mixed with water. I choose these intense reds and some left over orange I had made previously. Let dry (it takes a while)
Cut dyed dried baby wipe to size and adhere to card stock, then run through an embossing folder.
I wanted the embossing to stand out a bit more, so I cut another piece, adhered to card stock and on the side of the embossing folder that would push down, inked with red Distress ink and then ran through the embossing folder.
Since I choose a red, that wasn't darker than the red already in the baby wipe, the difference is subtle, but I do think it makes the embossing seem to stand out more.

No comments: