Monday, January 10, 2011

F is for Faux Bleach 2


F is for another Faux Bleach technique. I loved the intense color of the Faux Bleach using alcohol inks. But wanted to do one, that was easier. This technique is not as intense in color, but you do not need alcohol inks or embossing powder.

Stamp image on glossy paper with Watermark (or versaMark) ink and heat set.
Use dye ink to cover the card. I'm doing an extra step, I've cut out a circle shaped post-it note and placed it over the card.
Added more color of dye ink.
Use a paper towel to wipe the dye ink off the stamped image.
If desired, stamp over the card with black ink.
Although the colors are not as intense as in the previous post, it also reminds me of bleach stamping. Here's a card I made with this technique.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I really like this card Carol!!! I have to try the technique.