Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Study - Double Distress

We're doing a study of Tim Holtz's book "A Compendium of Curiosities" on NGS group This week we're looking at the section "Double Distress". First emboss a texture design onto grunge paper or board. Ink over the entire surface with Distress Ink using a blending tool. Work the ink into the recessed areas as well as the raised areas.
Run an ink pad of a contrasting color of Distress ink over the raised areas.
Run a dark color of Distress Ink on to a craft sheet. Swipe the inked textured grunge across the craft sheet picking up this ink to highlight the highest ares to add depth to the piece.
Tim recommends inking the edges of the piece with Distress Ink and a blending tool. I've skipped this step, as I'm planning on cutting this up for another project.
After doing all that, I realized I'd worked on the "back" of the grungepaper, so I did the same inking on the "front" side:

3 comments:

CreativSpirit said...

Lovely Carol, thanks for all of the inspiration.

Serra55 said...

Hey, nice! Wonder what one would use it for? Altered book?

Gaby Bee said...

I've been on holiday and have loved seeing all your art now that I'm back. Thanks for the inspiration, Carol!
Hugs and Love,
Gaby