Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book Study - Grunge Paper Flowers

We're continuing with our study of Tim Holtz's book "A Compendium of Curiosities" on NGLinkS group. First decorate grunge paper as you want. On the left I had a sheet of music, that I played with in the Radiant Batik technique (it's the last photo in that blog post).This sheet was adhered to a piece of grunge paper. The one on the right is the one I did the Double Distress Technique on last week (both sides were inked on this one). Then cut out the flowers with a die cut machine.
Turn the grunge paper over and curl the petal, start by pinching the end with your fingers then rolling. Do this with all the petals.
You can curl the petals to the back or to the front.
Color the edges of the petals with Distress Ink on a Blending Tool.Have fun layering the different flowers and embellishing with buttons, charms, brads, etc. I had lots of fun with this technique, so many possibilities, great way to use up bits of background papers.

5 comments:

Maggi G said...

Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Serra55 said...

I'd love to have that die cut. I can't find it anywhere. Your flowers are just lovely, what a good technique for making them. I will try this with a different die, see what happens.

Thanks again for publishing you Compendium trials!

Rena Sawatski said...

Great Job and instructions as usual Carol. I just got some grunge paper so will have to try the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tut! It is much appreciated and I am going to try it right now! Stephanie Hallitron Hallit

Anonymous said...

Thanks again! I love the colors you chose!