I wanted to create something with the stenciled on mat board I played with at stamp club last week. I used the same floral flourish stamp, that I stamped with black ink at club. Tonight, I stamped the floral flourish with Watermark ink (I accidentally discolored it earlier, but as long as I'm not going for a clear resist, it works for what I'm doing). I brushed purple Perfect Pearls over the watermark ink. Used the Marvy Metallics purple pen to color the beveled edges.
Sprayed two white Prisma flowers with a home made color mist spray (purple dye ink and clear Perfect Pearls mixed with water). I deliberately sprayed some of the purple spray over the dried brass Color mist that was left over from spraying yesterday. I ran the tips of the flowers into this mixture of purple and brass sprays. This gave the flowers a wonderful deep color variation on the edge of the petals.
I colored the center of the purple flowers with black Brilliance ink. I wanted to add an under layer to the flowers, using a light chiffony green to match the color in the vintage photo (from Elizabeth's blog freebies). I have a hard time judging color from the re-inker bottles, as the color is so intense. I dropped a bit of ink from three different greens I hoped might work onto scrap paper, and then sprayed with water to see how they would dilute out. I choose the color to the left as my best choice. Mixed this green re-inker with the clear Perfect Pearls, diluted with water and sprayed over two white Prisma flowers. I colored the edges of the vintage photo with the purple Marvey Metallics pen.
I stamped a floral saying onto the vintage image with black Brilliance ink. Added large black brads to the flowers and layered all onto my black mat board.
Fun to finish something that was just messing around at stamp club.