Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grungeboard ATC holder

I signed up for the grungeboard swap on ccswaps. I had a package of plain grungeboard to use. I cut out a butterfly shape with a Cuttlebug and two 3" x 4-1/2" pieces to make atc holder covers.
I sprayed one side of the covers and both sides of the butterfly with blue Shimmering Mist.
I sprayed the other side of the covers and one side of the butterfly with Brass Color Mist.
I ran these through the Cuttlebug with the embossing folders shown below:On one side of the butterfly and the blue side of the covers, I ran gold/black Brilliance ink over the raised areas.
I used a permanent black pen to color in the depressed areas on the back of the butterfly. Ran copper Brilliance ink over the raised embossed areas on the back of the covers.
Ran the butterfly through another Cuttlebug embossing folder and colored the edges and raised areas with a black Brilliance ink pad.
On both sides of the covers, I stamped the raised areas with black Archival ink on a script stamp.
I picked out some more images from Elizabeth's blog. Stamped on some words with black Archival ink and colored the edges with a blue metallic pen. Used this blue metallic pen to color in the antenna and body of the butterfly.
I used a Zutter Bind-it-All to put the book together. (Hard plastic badge holders were used for the inside atc holder pages.) I added blue rhinestones in some of the floral centers on the front cover and tied on a shrink plastic bead made earlier along with some fibers.
Inside front cover:
Inside back cover:
Back cover
Close up of butterfly and part of front cover to show the metallic shimmer:

6 comments:

inge said...

very very beautiful !!

The floral embossing folder you used is my favorite...:)

because of what you created in the past with your cuttlebug, I bought one myself and it isn't cheap but I don't regret it !
I would run everything through the cuttlebug...:)

greetings from belgium
Inge

Vicki Holdwick said...

Carol,

That is really gorgeous!

Thanks for showing the step by step process.

charlie said...

Oh its just gorgeous! Simple yet really really nice.

I need to get me a Cuttlebug :)

SeaMyst said...

How beautiful that ATC book is. Would you mind telling me where you got the Shimmer Mist and the Brass color mist and who manufactures that product, thanks for you beautiful blog.
Sandra

Carol said...

The Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists are made by LuminArte. I bought mine at a Stamping Store in Olympia Washington (Brick store only), but these are carried by many online vendors. The Brass Color Mist is made by Outside the Margins (mine was a gift) but you can see them at their website:
http://www.outsidethemargins.com/shop.php?category=11
Hope that is helpful.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Just lovely, from start to finish.