Sunday, March 15, 2009

Favorite Quote ATC

I signed up for a swap on Chunky Book Artists where we are to make18 ATCs with our favorite quote on it, and we'll receive 17 different ones in return. I can't pick a "favorite" as I have so many that I love. One reason I love quotes, is because I love words, and how they're used. Not being very good with words myself, I can appreciate their beauty in others. I dithered for so long trying to decide what quote to pick, I finally choose one by Don Quixote that I thought suited me the best, at least for today LOL!
I stamped a flourish stamp several times, overlapping the image on coated card stock with VersaMark Dazzle watermark ink. Then heat set the ink.
I sprayed over the card stock with a home made mist of watered down Stream Adirondack dye ink and some turquoise Perfect Pearls.
Then I stamped the same flourish with a darker blue Distress ink and heat set.
I placed two Heidi Swapp butterfly masks on to the card stock and dabbed on a mixture of light and dark Distress inks with Jumbo Daubers. Besides creating background butterfly images, it helped the flourishes stamped with the Dazzle watermark show up better. Heat set the ink after removing the masks (I think the masks will melt if heated).
Stamped the word "imagine" with blue Brilliance ink and colored the edges of the card with the dark blue Distress ink. Glued a small blue rhinestone over one of the i's dots.
I got a free image from Elizabeth's fabulous blog. I printed the Don Quixote quote so it appears to be coming from the watering can. Cut out the image and glued it to the ATC.
Looking forward to receiving great Quote ATCs in return.

No comments: