Monday, February 2, 2009

Feb Quote of the Month

On ccswaps, the Quote of the Month for February is "Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly" by Frida Kahlo . I decided to use heavy materials for the base of this project to contrast with the idea of flying. I started with printing out one of the images I made for Sweetpea's "IT" gift on to canvas and cut it out.
I added glitter glue to the bow, dress and parts of the wings. I also covered the tops of large black brads with this glitter glue.
On one flower, I colored the edges with gold metallic mixative. On the other two I sprayed with a mixture of dye inks and perfect pearls.
I cut out a piece of card stock I made at Bernie Berlin's Resist This class last October.
I wrote out the quote on white linen card stock and cut out the individual words. I used a piece of lace that reminded me of clouds to place over the winged girls feet. All this was layered together and placed on to a purple card.

I hope the recipient will enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

You definitely have an eye for putting things together that result in gorgeous!! I'm sure the recipient will love this.
Chrissy

Maggi said...

Gorgeous - I'm sorry I didn't sign up for the swap and have you get my name!!!