Friday, December 12, 2008

Gratitude Page

I made a page to be placed in a book of appreciation for a very special person. I wanted to make something to reflect my heart filled with gratitude. I saw Tim Holtz use his metallic crackle paint on one of his 12 days of Christmas tags, and ordered some of this paint to play with. I cut out a heart from thin cardboard and painted on a layer of pewter crackle paint. The hardest part was waiting for it to dry.
In the meantime, I took this gorgeous paper that wrapped a gift to me from Annie and decided to add it to my page. One piece to be the background for the heart above.
I took another piece and cut out a heart shape and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I highlighted the raised areas and edges with gold Encore ink.
When the metallic crackle paint dried, I embossed the heart with the same Cuttlebug embossing folder shown above. Then I added colored to the heart with alcohol inks using the felt applicator.
Here's a close up of the heart. Isn't this metallic crackle paint fabulous!!!
I used the same alcohol inks to color a metal letter "A" and a key. I glued the heart to the black paper added the "A" to the heart and tied on the key with some metal colored ribbon.
I had some of the music embossed paper I made last summer, when creating pages for an Angel chunky. I used that paper to attached the paper embossed heart to. I threaded the metallic ribbon through a "gratitude" tag to complete the page.

9 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

Ooh, Carol, this is gorgeous. I think I need to buy some of those new metallic crackle paints. As usual, just love the step by step photos. Hugz......

Manna said...

GORGEOUS! Whoever that special person is, she's gonna flip over this! Great going, Carol! The embossed heart looks really good too.

Brenda said...

Wow, I love how you used the metallic crackle paint and the result you achieved with it and the cuttlebug, etc. It is fantastic. Thanks for the step-by-step, I love the end product too, someone is going to be a very happy recipient.

Anonymous said...

It's excellent! Thank you for the directions, I love seeing how you got your results. :)

inge said...

Carol,

you made two gorgeous pieces !!

When I see what you create with your cuttlebug , I really want one too... I always thought this was nothing for me but for scrapbookers, but when I see what you create...

Both the hearts are so good : I saw Tim's technique too, but the metallic crackle paints are not available yet... I really want to try this technique too.
In combination with the embossing you did with the cuttlebug, it's stunning !

greetings
Inge

Anonymous said...

Carol, I love what you did with the embossed heart. It's beautiful. I've searched Provo's site for that heart embossing folder and can't find it. Is it still available?

Carol said...

The heart is actually a Combo Die with four embossing folders. I love them all. Here's the info from Provo Craft: Textile Hearts * Item Number: 37-1648 * UPC Code: 093573116483
It should still be available.

Unknown said...

Oh me oh my, this is to die for Carol, as usual you demonstrate so well how you achieve your outstanding art... love it, love you x

Anonymous said...

Carol, thanks so much for the info on the hearts embossing folder. I'm going to ask my LSS to order it.