Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quick Embossed Gift Box


I wanted to make my own gift boxes to hold some small gifts. I started with white card stock that had some glitter/sparkle in it. I traced out a gift box template, cut the card stock and created fold lines per the pattern. I folded the gift box in half and then placed one part in a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran through the Cuttlebug. I then ran the other part in the same folder, being careful to keep the positive embossed image on the same side of the gift box. This way one side (top) of the gift box will have a positive embossed image and the other side (bottom) will have a negative embossed image. I'm not concerned with embossed line where the edge of the folder made an impression in the box, as I have an idea to cover that. I had some leftover embossed purple vellum (previously embossed with the same snowflake embossing folder used on this box) on adhesive sheets leftover after making Christmas cards. I cut these into 1-1/2" wide strips and laid them over both sides of the box to hide the line made by the edge of the embossing folder. I used red line tape on the flap where the side of the gift box will be adhered together. I don't want the box to come apart too soon. I used scraps of the same white card stock to punch out three different snowflakes and glued purple rhinestones in the center of each one.
I slipped the present into the box and glued the three snowflakes onto the center vellum strip on the top side of the box.

4 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

Is that box big enough to hold a gift card? I love the way it came out. We have Secret Santa next week at work and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

Carol said...

It should be big enough. It is 3-1/2" wide and 4-1/4" long, not counting the flaps. Have fun!!!

Manna said...

What fun! Who'd have thought to emboss using 2 separate folder! You are always a genius at work!, as my son would have put it :)

inge said...

beautiful gift boxes !!

Inge