Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone love, joy, peace & hope this Christmas and throughout the New Year. "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" [2 Cor 9: 15]
One last card for Christmas. I embossed a sheet of background paper in a Cuttlebug embossing folder having the embossed image go down instead of up.
Ran a dark green Distress ink over the surface with Cut-n-dry foam.
Used finger to spread red Distress Stickles over the tree and let dry.
Stamped background image over entire surface with gold Encore ink.
Mounted vellum saying on gold metallic paper, ran green Distress ink along edges and attached two heart brads.
Used gold leafing pen along edges of green paper. Attached mounted vellum saying to base of tree and a gold snowflake to top of tree. Mounted all onto red card. I like how the background seems to pop as you move the card around in the light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice card !!

Cause I've seen so many nice effects of the cuttlebug on your blog, I went to the artshop in my neighbourhood. It's more expensive than I thought , but I would really like to have it... So, a bit more saving and in a few months I can experience with it too and make such beautiful things as you do !

the owner explained what it can be used for and it does has great opportunities.

You seem to have a lot of experience with it and the fact that you used the inversed imprint on this card, shows how you are creative with this cuttlebug !

happy X-mas from Belgium
Inge