Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 - Challenge #27 Ink Palette - Alcohol Ink

I'm participating in the 27th Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2"  on Linda's blog. This week the technique is Ink Palette: Alcohol Ink on pg. 52  of Tim's book. One lucky participant will win a gift certificate from Funkie Junkie Boutique.
I'm working on a configuration box, and realized this technique would work on some of the components for my project. I used this technique to color the metal tag and to color a plastic spool. I like how they look.
I wrapped dyed silk ribbon from Jan around the spool, tied on some fibers, added some "crystal" beads and placed in one of the boxes. Attached the colored metal tag to the outside of the configuration box with a heart bead and a small screw.
Hope to get more time this week to finish my project.

No comments: