Thursday, October 25, 2012

Body & Soul Configuration Box

Yesterday was our last day of Wisconsin Stamp Camp. We went to Jan's at Red Rubber Paper & Ink for a workshop with configurations similar to Tim Holt's Heart & Soul class.
I painted the main box with two colors of blue distress stains and dried them with a heat tool.
 Then streaked on white acrylic paint and brushed pewter Distress Stain and let them dry.
 For my project, I choose 4 smaller boxes. Two of them are covered in decorative tape (similar to masking tape). The other two are covered with torn pieces from decorative napkins, using matte medium.
 We are using paper mache torsos in our boxes. I decided to cover one half with pieces from a decorative napkins applied with matte medium. Covered the other half with cut pieces from the metal foil tape sheets. Used the Industrial Faux Riveted Metal technique Tim demonstrates in his Sept tag project (click here for his step by step tutorial).
 Lined the inside of the large box with Tim's Tissue wrap with matte medium. I added some "Paris" decorative tape to the front. Added some contrasting decorative tapes to the edges of the small boxes. Added lots of Tim's findings, etc. Love the wheels on the bottom. I started a charm necklace for my torso. My box needs more work done, but this is as far as I got. I will post a picture of the finished project when it is finished after I return home in November. I'm having lots of fun with this thinking about what else I'll add.
Here are all of our boxes in progress. Same supplies, different looks. Excited to see how everyone's boxes turn out.

1 comment:

Rockin Robin said...

Fantastic!!! Sounds like a good time was had by all. The boxes are so cool!. Hugs, Rockin Robin.