Wednesday, October 5, 2011

G is for Glimmering Rainbows on Grunge

 Although the directions for this technique was to be used on glossy card stock as I did earlier today, I wanted to try it on grunge paper. Because grunge paper absorbs so much ink, I first coated the grunge paper with picket fence Distress Stain and let it dry.

Next I choose the same colors as was done on the glossy paper in the last example. Instead of using a brayer, I did rubbed the rainbow pad over the grunge paper.
Dropped on the blending solution, alcohol inks and metallic mixatives on one of the inked pieces of grunge paper.
Placed the other piece of inked grunge paper on top of the others, gave it a press and twist and lifted it off. Here are the two pieces I now have. Not as bright as the technique done on glossy paper, but I also like the "grungy" look of glimmering rainbows.

No comments: