Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fiona's Background Technique on Canvas

I love this background that Fiona made. She did layers of stenciled gesso, 3 different Radiant Rains spray, stenciled acrylic paint and stenciled black lava textured gel (I think I need to find this product).
I decided to do something sort of similar on canvas. I sponged gesso over three different sizes of checkered stencils and let dry. Then sprayed the surface with home made glittery sprays, mixing colorwash, water and perfect pearls over the canvas.
Held the canvas on end to drain off the excess spray.
I dipped dictionary pages into the excess spray. These will be used sometime. Once the canvas dried, used the same stencils to add bright acrylic colors in random areas and allowed to dry.
Finished the background on this canvas by sponging on some dark purple acrylic paint.
Now to think on what to use this for.....

No comments: