Monday, November 17, 2008

Sheryl's Deco

I was so excited to find a deco to play with in my mailbox today, I couldn't wait to get started. This is for Sheryl in the Art-Venturer's group. I started by rubbing two colors of Distress ink onto a craft sheet and sprayed with water.
I dipped the deco page into this ink, heat set and added a couple more layers of color.
I ran the paper through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and rubbed a white Brilliance ink pad over the top.
I wanted to give an image an aged metallic paint effect. I painted on some water with gum arabic over the back of an image printed onto a transparency sheet and added platinum Moon Glow mica powder.
I rubbed this wet mica over a thin sheet of white paper, to be used on the deco page. Added more platinum mica powder to the back of the image and then adhered to white paper.
Here's a close up of the image, here you can see the spattered mica through the transparency sheet.
I attached the image, an art saying stamped onto the platinum colored paper I just made, and stickers to spell ART.
For the back, I started with a piece of paper that captured metallic sprays on the bottom of my spray box.
I wrinkled up the paper, smoothed it a bit and ran a blue Distress ink over the raised areas.
This was trimmed down and adhered to the back of the deco page. I stamped flourishes with Bronze metallic ink.
I stamped some small leaves and an art saying with black Versafine ink and added one of the row houses I made last June.

4 comments:

carole brungar said...

Thanks for sharing this, it looks fantastic! Very clever!
Carole

Brenda said...

Beautiful!

WendyK said...

Fabulous effects and colour Carol

Manna said...

This is gorgeous as all your work always is! Love the colurs a lot too! Where do you keep all the deco books anyway? :)