Saturday, November 15, 2008

Traditional card making

I was at an all day stamp workshop today, where you bring your own stuff to work on. Space and meals provided. A great opportunity to get cards done while chatting with friends. A fabulous time to get a big chunk of my Christmas cards done. I make one set of cards for my DH to send to business associates and one set for us to send out as a family. This year I used Cuttlebug embossing folders for the backgrounds. For the card on the left, I used a blue/purple sheet of vellum to emboss. I like how it cracked and revealed white edges. For the card on the right, I embossed dark green card stock and ran a gold Brilliance ink pad over the top.
I knew I wouldn't get them all finished today, so I found a good place to take a break and made a few other cards to have on hand. At the moment, I'm into black, white & cream. Card on the left, the black card stock had a white core, ran through Cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded down the raised area to reveal the white. Card on the right was white card stock embossed with Cuttlebug and a gray ink pad was rubbed over the raised areas.
The rest of the cards were mostly down with decorative background papers and stamping with black ink, some embellishments added.

It feels great to have cards made and on hand to be used when needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are awesome, Carol! You had a very productive day :o)

It sure was fun meeting you at the S&SDay. Too bad I couldn't stay longer - maybe next time.

Blessings,
Karen

Manna said...

Looks like you had a fun day :) Great cards, all of them!